Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
I’ve never met a sausage that I didn’t like, but these are the best “in-bun” choice for your summer grilling.
- 10 Uncooked Sausages (Bratwurst Or Any Other Type)
- 1 Large Onion (Cut In Half And Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Bottles Brown Ale Beer (12 Ounce Bottles)
- 10 Hot Dog Buns
- Place sausages in large-size pot. Add sliced onion, butter, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Pour beer over top and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove sausages from beer mixture with tongs. Reduce heat to low and cook onions for 20 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Oil grill grates and preheat grill to a medium-high heat.
- Score sausages by making 4 to 5 cuts down the length of the sausages. Make sure not to cut all the way through. Place sausages on grill, turning once, and cook 7 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve on buns with onions as topping or on the side.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes Total Time: 37 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved