Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Okra is one of those vegetables that people forget about. I know I do, but when I make a dish out of okra I remember how much I love it. Here is a super simple recipe for okra that you and your family will love.
- 2 Pounds Fresh Okra (Not Frozen)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Wooden Skewers (Soaked In Water For 2 Hours)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large-size bowl, toss okra with olive oil. Place 3 pods of okra on each skewer, and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place okra skewers on baking sheet making sure that none overlap.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Halfway through turn with tongs to make sure both sides cook evenly. You will want okra to be tender, but not overcooked.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen