Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
I like making this spring vegetable side dish because it coaxes loads of flavor from just a handful of ingredients – salty capers, nutty brown butter, thyme, and toasted almonds.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (Cut Up/Softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Capers (Drained/Coarsely Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Bunches Asparagus
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place slivered almonds on shallow baking pan. Place in oven for about 5 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In medium-size skillet melt butter over a medium heat. When butter is foamy cook another 5 minutes until brown speckles appear, swirling and stirring often. Once butter is brown immediately transfer to heatproof bowl. Stir in thyme and capers. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- In microwave-safe dish, combine asparagus with 1/4 cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain asparagus and arrange on serving platter. Drizzle with butter mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serve warm
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved